Going from Brazilian to Natural...

A lot of women are starting to value, wear, and taking better care of their hair. This Natural craze is lasting longer than I expected and I can see why. For me I was an avid weave wearer. The only time my "real" hair was out was when it was time for me to go back to my stylist for her to sew in a new weave. I never allowed my hair to breathe!! It wasn't until it was time to take out my weave, I realized how long but damaged, brittle, thin my "real" hair was and if I put in another weave or perm I would only be continuing the endless cycle of damaged hair.

   So I went to the bathroom cut 5 inches of dead ends, split ends, and anything that ends... and I started to see a drastic change in my hair. Even though my hair was pretty long the dead ends made it look unhealthy and uneven. I began shampooing and conditioning my hair, and I kid you not! my hair came back to life. the moisture, the softness was incredible. God blessed me with beautiful hair and I was hiding it.

Right now I'm on a Natural journey, I don't see myself putting in perms, only taking the proper steps to allowing my hair to grow the right and healthy way.

I have tightly curled hair (4C HAIR) so when I feel my new growth coming in I like to wash with and only with conditioner and put a quarter size amount of shampoo in my hair, shampoo cleans but sucks up all the moisture from hair so it's better to use conditioner which cleans and adds in moisture.

I'm not a pro or a natural guru or anything like that, just a girl that is confused with her hair and felt like sharing my Natural journey with you, If you have any tips for me PLEASE PLEASE let me know, I need all the help.

 Find me on Twitter @missalldaabove or Instagram @sixfootamazon 

Comments

  1. Hey,
    This is great you are transitioning to all natural. Its the way to go! Things to use are shea butter for everything, moisture, shine ,styling, from roots to scalp.

    Drink lots of water and spritz water in your hair daily. Use oils like argon, jojoba oil to lock in moister.
    Great Blog for tips: http://modestic-elegance.blogspot.com/p/her-crowning-glory.html

    Great Youtuber: Naptural85

    I know longer use weaves for protective styling, I just cornrow my natural hair and my growth is great.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts