The Man that owned a Time Machine

Last week, I ran into an ex-boyfriend at the mall. The break-up was a bit tragic, he cheated on me, so when I saw him a mixed array of emotions came running back, main on was forgiveness.  I thought I would say Hi. What? Would you have rather I ignored him and try to hide like the millions of women and men that run into their ex or someone they used to date? (Yes, I know what you did last summer!) So I walk up to him and said "Hey!" "How have you been?" "What's new?" blah blah etc etc.. In my defense, I was just making small talk. There was no chance of us getting back together, mainly because I didn't want him back, and I felt that
if I did ignored him, I was subconsciously telling myself that I was still affected by the break-up.


BACK TO THE STORY...

So now I am in a boutique; shopping for a dress. As I am walking around the store, my phone rings when I go to check it, LO and BEHOLD it's him (my ex) calling me! Oh jeez! What did he want? Did I drop something on the floor? Was it because of our little chat? It was a chat, not an invitation to get back together! So after what seemed like a century of trying to figure out why he was calling me, I picked up.

"Ifunanya?" he says, "Yes" I replied. "What's good boo, it was great seeing you earlier, we definitely need to catch up, I miss you." I replied "Oh, really that's nice, but I am sorry my phone is about to die can I call you back" *LIE* as soon as I pressed the end button. A storm of frustration, confusion, and anger swept over me, and Hurricane IFUNANYA was a level red storm.


BOO?? WHAT BOO?? WHO IS BOO?? WHY WOULD HE CALL ME BOO?? THE NERVE OF HIM! How dare he miss me? (lol, even though I couldn't blame him) Did he think he could just rewind time, and act like 13 months, 15 days, 3 hours, and 21 minutes ago didn't pass. (Totally not counting). Come up to me as if we are back together in 2012 because NOW he felt like it or NOW it suited him? Expect me to run back into your arms? I know I am being dramatic (or a bit crazy) but in a way it's kind of true.

Have you ever been in a situation where you ran into someone maybe in person or saw them via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and through this coincidence, they felt it was their incentive to rekindle an old flame with you, but who said you want the candle burning?

I think my ex-boyfriend owned a time machine because of the simple fact when it came to our relationship and even break-up, he still thought he was still on the top of the list. Yes, I dated you, but that doesn't mean a thing after the relationship is over (or do I have it all wrong?). Do ex-boyfriends have that much confidence that they feel they can get the girl, they once had back? Do they suffer from short term memory loss, forgetting the facts of the relationship and more importantly the break-up?

Do most men own a time machines, that they use to live in the past and forget the past at the same time?

*Scratching my head* 



Comments

Popular Posts