Young Grandma

You know what I find fun and exciting to do on the weekends: clean, re-fold folded clothes, and if I am feeling a bit risque I go to Home Goods and look at home decor and furniture pieces like a mom that doesn't have anything to do now that her kids are in college. I have turned into that person and I'm fucking terrified because I'm only 29! 

When I think about my age, and all these memes and tweets about your 20s being the time for exploration and fun, I tend to scratch my head. Don't get me wrong, I think I am living life, I am just not doing it as some New York City influencer running around town with her parent's credit card. I have bills, responsibilities, and lets just add a hint of hatred for cold weather and laziness to the mixture.

But it does bothers me, and makes me wonder if I am getting the full potential of this stage of life? Like, is it when I have my children, I will go to a 4 day festival in California or when I am married, I will leave my house at 11PM to go to the club with the tightest/sexiest thing I could order from online shopping?

to be or not to be a young grandma?

That is the question!







Comments

Popular Posts